Check out my posts on Fourth Church Youth...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Full Disclosure

Finally, it seems, I feel compelled to begin a personal blog.

For about a year and a half, I've been trying to maintain a blog for my youth ministry, Fourth Church Youth. I have enjoyed doing this and it's been a good way for me to get my feet wet in the blogosphere. But, there are always things that I would like to talk about that don't really fit on that blog or wouldn't be appropriate on that blog. So it's time that I begin to chronicle my own personal journey.

Some have described my preaching style as very open, in the sense that I often reveal my personal experience and what I really think about things. Some preachers, I know, are less comfortable with this type of self disclosure. And I realize that it runs the risk of turning preaching into public therapy or catharsis. But it is what comes most naturally to me.

In this spirit of self disclosure, I'll devote many of my early posts to describing who I am, where I've come from, and where I think I'm going. It seems only fair to do so, and the only way for people who might stumble across this piece of cyber real estate to appreciate the context of what I will have to say here.

So, with that introduction, welcome to Har Nevo.

No comments: